Elmira, NY 14901
This START Coordinator is based from the Finger Lakes region to the Western part of NY, in proximity to a START hub. The
START Coordinator develops cross systems plans and provide outreach, consultation and crisis supports.
Master`s Degree in Social Work or Human Services highly preferred, Bachelors with 5 years` experience considered.
Experience with developing support plans (programs) for individuals with challenging behaviors and/or mental health
Must be certified as a START Coordinator by the Center for START Services within one year of beginning work as
START Coordinator Team Leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains linkages and relationships with community partners.
2. Ensures the coordination of support meetings and crisis plans for individuals supported through START.
3. Share on-call responsibilities to ensure 24/7 response to crisis situations within one hour of call telephonically, and
within 2 hours of call face to face, whenever possible.
4. Participate in recurring meetings with START Leadership, clinical team and respite program.
5. Experience in developing cross-systems crisis plans, completes intakes/assessments, intervention and outcomes and
all other applicable documentation of services provided.
6. Maintains active full - time caseload.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by the START Coordinator Team Leader.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to tolerate the stresses associated with multiple, simultaneous demands
2. Regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk and frequently required to use hand and fingers
3. Required to travel (75%)
4. Safely operate a motor vehicle and be able to obtain a license therefore
5. Lifting: May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds