START Office Clerk
Elmira, NY 14901
Secretarial/Data processing degree from an accredited college or trade school, or High School Diploma with three
years secretarial and/or data entry experience.
Must possess strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet is required. Experience with electronic health record, medical
record-keeping and data base management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists the START Team by organizing information and files.
2. Prepares and distributes general correspondence as requested.
3. Assists with preparation and submission of all statistical reports as requested.
4. Supports the START Team Members to maintain all START records in accordance with the NYS START Clinical
Manual, including, but not limited to, START Data element entry and central record of START Daily Logs. Completes
other data entry tasks as assigned.
5. Provides back-up for the START Administrator as needed.
6. Contacts individuals/guardians for reminders of scheduled planned Resource Center visits.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by the START Director (or designee)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to tolerate the stresses associated with multiple, simultaneous demands
2. Regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk and frequently required to use hand and fingers
3. Over 50% of day with computer interaction
4. Required to travel (25%)
5. Safely operate a motor vehicle and be able to obtain a license therefore
6. Lifting: May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds