START Resource Center Director
Elmira, NY 14901
This is a position responsible for the oversight of Direct Support Professionals and their provision of therapeutic supports for
identified individuals across 17 counties of western New York as part of the Western New York START program.
Master`s degree in a human service related field and no less than one year of supervisory experience in a residential care
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide clinical and administrative support/supervision of Resource Center and in home therapeutic support.
Responsible to provide oversight for Therapeutic Support counselors, both at the Resource Center and in the
community, across the 17-county region of western New York,
2. Coordinate with START Clinical Teams on admissions to and discharges from the Resource Center.
3. Plan and implement structured day programming for all Resource Center guests
4. Develop discharge/transition plans
5. Maintain contact with families and/or providers upon admission to the Resource Center
6. In collaboration with START Clinical Teams, identify ongoing support and training needs of families and providers who
utilize START Center therapeutic supports
7. Coordinate community based support services with START Clinical Teams and ensure training occurs as required.
8. Maintain linkages and relationships with community partners
9. Attend all required meetings with START Leadership, Clinical Team, etc.
10. Convene and facilitate recurring START Resource Center staff meetings
11. Identify and coordinate necessary training for Therapeutic support counselors.
12. Ensure the collection of required data and documentation on all provided therapeutic support services
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the START Director
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to tolerate the stresses associated with multiple, simultaneous demands
2. Regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk and frequently required to use hand and fingers
3. Required to travel (50%)
4. Safely operate a motor vehicle and be able to obtain a license therefore
5. Lifting: May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds